CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Misunderstanding

When I'm writing a resume, and am about to write about myself, I would most certainly describe myself as a confident person striving to make the best out of things, using my intelligence for nothing but only to sate my curiosity, and a hard worker, with "no pain no glory" as my guiding principle. Please note that I do mean what I write, call it boasting if you will, but it does show my arrogance isn't it?

One of my worst habits is boasting, talking big, elevating my achievements as if they mean anything. Showing my prowess everywhere I go, speaking as if I don't give a damn. So obviously you would have thought that some people think of me as being an arrogant ass, which is well what I am to be honest. So bite me, who cares right?

But what if there is someone who you don't want them to think of you as an arrogant prick? This is what happens when you tell the world how great you are and ridicule people, you build barriers around you which cloud your true self, your true intentions, or who you once were. Yes things happened, people change, that's the way life is, and yes I'm bearing with this very fact.

Once people have that impression of you, it will stick in their very brains, it will take someone with a lot of empathy to look beyond that first impression don't you think? Normally people wouldn't care about other people's perception about themselves, I mean people have different thoughts, principles, and values, so what the heck right? But what about somebody special in your heart? You talk to that person in your usual tone, not showing a hint of your insecurities and vulnerability, and it seems that every word you say becomes a small blade ready to slit their very hearts.

True you become friends but not close enough. Then there comes a time, an opportunity, something that happens out of the blue, and it smacks you in the head, your ready to break down the walls you set up all this time. But that someone in the end, never took you seriously. It's too late, your arrogant impression has already left a deep mark in that someone's mind. Even after you reveal that inside you were crying for help, that someone will never believe it.

0 comments: