CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 13, 2009

Valuable

Ever wondered what is the most valuable thing in the world? Some would say gold, some would say water, heck some would even say family or loved ones... But what do I say? I say memories... Good or bad, sweet or bitter, it doesn't matter...

It's proof that we are alive, that we once done great things and done very very stupid things... These memories will stay with us till the day we die, after all, when we become old, we only have our memories. People tend to look back instead of looking in front towards the future. Why is that?

All I know is, people can't help it, and we remember these things for a reason. How is it that we can't remember something we did a few days or few weeks back, wheareas we can remember something that has happened in our childhood or years back? Whether if it's good or bad, we remember them because it has become a part of our lives, and it has made us who we are today.

What we have done in the past has slowly shaped us, molded our personalities, gave us the beliefs we have today. So in general you may say that memories tells us who we really are, something like a reference to our true identities...

We end up regretting about the silly things we did in the past, I tend to do that sometimes, but I've found a way to look at the brighter side of things... Instead of sulking, I should be grateful about the things I had that not many people have...

I have to admit though, remembering who I was, what I did, who am I with, how I achieved, how I failed, how I'm love, and how I'm loathed... These things keeps me going on the right track, part of my memories tells me that I should change my ways to make things better, some of it would indicate that I maintain part of my personality because it had a positive effect. It's like assessing what you did before, and you try to adjust and change accordingly or maintain the good work.

But the funny thing is, I don't think I've ever changed and might never will... Because my memories were there to confirm it, and my history has told me that I'm great just the way I am! But that doesn't mean I don't have my flaws too! Hahaha... Man, thinking back... You seriously can't help but laugh....

I can't even imagine what would happen if I lost my memories, who will I become then? I might become another person, a whole new personality, someone I don't want to be... Ask yourself this, how would you feel if your memories, the only proof for you that you existed in this world, vanished? Heck, I don't even want to think about that... That's why memories are most valuable to me...

0 comments: